Skip to main content

Day 13 2017 GAETI

Today in GAETI we worked on the computer again. Early this morning we worked on creating a banner for our Canvas page. We used adobe spark to create a banner and it allowed us to change the color and change how the banner look. Also, it allowed us to put a picture behind the banner that dealt with my subject. Then we went to Dr. B class and learned how to use camstasia so we can create our flat Stanley video. It was a leaning experience and we still did not get finish with our video. In art we learned about how to stack our shapes and that was fun also, we did our glass. The last part of the day was on canvas and it was very educational and I will be using it in my class this year.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 17 2017 GAETI

Today in GAETI we learned how to create a story using Piktochart. It was fun and I would use it in my class. It was easy and user friendly for the students. I will have to make sure that I go back over the instruction and know the ups and own. Then we created a story in adobe spark which consisted of us talking through our head phones. I am going to have to make sure that I ask my CTC director can I get some headphones with microphones. The students will enjoy this and would love making videos. After lunch I finished up my weebly page by completing my lesson plan which took some time. Then we went to the library and learned about prezi and it was another way to create slides. I will not use it because the students might get sea sick and really not want to read the content but play around with it because the slides go in and out. https://spark.adobe.com/video/KZFQZuOTgNkxg https://magic.piktochart.com/output/23225778-us-daily

Day 8 2017 GAETI

I would tell my colleges that you have to know where you are going before you can start teaching. Basically develop a lesson plan to discuss what the student will know once they get finish. This will help the students understand what is expected once they finish. It will give them a goal to reach and then you will start telling them or they can develop lessons that would reach that goal. They have to make sure they include all the section of the UBd lesson from start to finish. Establish a goal, what the students will understand, essential questions, performance tasks, other evidence, and then have a learning plan in place. One idea from today that I plan to use is the UBd lesson plan. I actually use it in my curriculum, because when ICT started off that is the design that was used. Also, I like the immediate feedback assessment it can be an easier way to give an immediate feedback to the students.

Follow Up Sept. 29

Today in the follow-up session we talked about how we are using the resources in our classroom. It was amazing how most people used the resources, but others had problems because of technology issues. Also, we went over how to write a grant. I always thought that writing a grants took hours to do, but the way Dr. Bracey explained it it seems a little a easier. I do plan to write one if I have time. I really like that idea from Yokohama and the gym equipment. We really need something for our children to exercise on an getting outdoor exercise equipment along with the the track we have would be wonderful. At the end of the day we learn about code. I plan to use some of the activities in the book. We are suppose to be train later because ICT 1 will be moved to 6th grade. I think this is a wonderful program and it will help the students learn more about computer science. Maybe it will encourage girls to get involve in computer science and maybe choose a profession in it.